Monday 14 April 2014

Day 13: Kas to Liman Agzi

Monday 14th April, 2014

Ok, so the plan for my next stage of walking ......

The next leg is just a short 2-hr walk to Liman Agzi, so I'll do it today as a return walk from here, without pack. Yay! The next section, to Bogazcik, is "wild, long and often difficult", and I'd hate to get to the 20m "ledge along a cliff face" and find my courage failed me; so I will bus/hitchhike to Bogazcik tomorrow, explore the ruins and resume walking the next day from there. The next day is an 8 (Kate) hr walk to Ucagiz.

In Bogazcik, I may finally have to face the wild camping, as it sounds like there is no accommodation there. Sooooo not keen! When you're with your special someone, the idea of wild camping is romantic and adds deliciously to the adventure. I can imagine the joy of pitching the tent together in a forest clearing, or among the ruins, or by the beach, watching the sunset, keeping each other warm through the night and breakfasting with the birds next morning - feeling like the world is yours. I even envied Mick and Pam their dinner of carrots, cheese and nuts, "snuggled" in their tent, near Faralya...

But, on your own, is there anything more bleak? I don't think so! After a day of no people, more no people - just a flimsy tent to hide you from wild pigs, territorial, rabid dogs, mad shepherds.... Then add some rain, wind, cold.... And what special treat for dinner? A dumb carrot, cheese and nuts! How lonely can it get! Well, I shall probably find out....

But today will be good. Before I get going, let me show you some pics of Kas - a charming, coastal holiday town:

Kas harbour


 

 

Shops
A shop

 

A house

 

A dolmus

Well, a pleasant stroll today. I even caught up to some fellow walkers, but they were too slow to stay with. I wanted to check my pace, packless, with Kate's two hours. Easy! I did run into a mean dog but the farmer had him on a rope. I was wary of walking back past him again on my return trip, however, and so paid 10TL for a boat ride back. Had a picnic lunch on the beach at Liman Agzi and a coffee in a cafe while I waited till the boatman was ready. Now I'm back and it's only 1pm - so, thinking, thinking.....

I might try an early start tomorrow morning and get to Bogacik as soon as I can, whiz through the ruins and start on the walk to Ucagiz. I'd rather camp at lower altitudes and I would be back on the coast in 5 (Kate) hours. As good as done!

On the walk to Liman Agzi

 

People!

 

Heading down

 

First view of Liman Agzi
Liman Agzi (Love the boat!)

 

Looking back to Kas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment