Wednesday 16 April 2014

Day 15: Aperlae to Ucagiz

The walk today was a very pretty and pleasant walk of 3.5hrs.

I slept so well at Yoruk's place and didn't get up until 8.30am. Gunay made me a beautiful breakfast of omelette, tomato, cucumber, olives and parsley, with tea. (Clue: Gunay served the omelette with parmesan on the side, and, sprinkled on top, rather than spread homogenously throughout, it gave lovely zingy taste sensations.)

Waved goodbye to my sailing buddies at 9.30am and set off with a spring in my step. After two hours, when I arrived at the waterside, I took my first pack-rest. The rest of the path was pretty well along the waterside. Beautiful!

Last glimpse of yacht through the trees

 

Never ending rocks...

 

Great campsite just beyond Yoruk's

 

 

 

Tree and cairn

 

And, of course, ruins

 

First view of Ucagiz, on the far shore

 

After 2 hours, first pack rest. From here the path followed the waterline
 
But some serious climbing around boulders

 

Good campsite 30 mins from Ucagiz

Arrived in lovely Ucagiz and was settled into my room by 1pm. I'm staying at the Kekova Pansiyon for 70TL B&B. The location on the waterfront is lovely and the people seem very nice. Spent the afternoon exploring the nearby ruins and sussing out my way out of here tomorrow. (I will need an ATM soon, so can't linger. Just glad I've already seen Simena and Kekova Island.)

Kekova Pansiyon

 

My room

 

My view

 

How to live with ancient ruins in your backyard

 

Likewise - living with ruins

 

Just bull-doze this one and we could extend the car park....
 
Ruins of Roman walls with Byzantyne refurbishments, I'm thinking....

 

 

Simena castle is on the hill opposite
 
Cute town

 

 

A market, to replenish supplies

 

 

My verandah (nearest)

Might try a traditional Gozleme, in town, for dinner tonight.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment