Wednesday 23 April 2014

Day 22: Gelidonay Feneri (The lighthouse) to Adrasan

Wednesday 23rd April, 2014

A big, hard but nice day of walking today.

Packed up early, ate my breakfast with Alba and Sergi, and was on my way by 7.30am. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of pack-rest time up my sleeve.

Alba and Sergi

The walk started with a long, steep climb - and good opportunities for photos of the lighthouse.

Bye, lighthouse!
Last sighting of the lighthouse

 

 

They caught me up in no time....

 

 

Crossing a scree slope

 

Looking up a scree slope

 

 

First view of Adrasan

 

Walked some sections with Alba and Sergi, and then, after a lunch stop together, they took off, anxious for a swim at Adrasan. Their plan was to walk on an hour or so beyond Adrasan, to cut some time off tomorrow's walk to Olympus. I have decided not to walk that section - it's even bigger than today and my body is screaming for a rest. I will get a ride to Olympus tomorrow and walk on to Cirali from there.

Caught up with A and S on the beach at Adrasan and we had a meal together here at the Blue Bay Motel - the yummiest fish. I decided to stay (70TL B&B) but I walked a couple of kms with Alba and Sergi on the Likya Yolu to the beginning of the first climb. Noticed that all along the river, at the far end of town, there are very interesting-looking pansiyons, accessed by cute bridges. (I wished my guidebook had told me that - although the Blue Bay is very comfortable, with a kind and helpful manager.)

 

 

 

 

 

Gule, gule!

 

Today's walk
Tomorrow's walk

 

A relaxed, quiet holiday town

 

The fennel gatherers

 

Musa Dagi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment